Saturday, July 24, 2010

Quick & Easy Room Dividers - Cost Effective / Cheap

If you want a quick and easy room divider, check out two awesome options.
First, IKEA (Canton, MI) has shelving units (no tools required!) On sale of around $65 a pop. In this photo of my spare room, I am utilizing two of the $65 wooden units. They are relatively easy to assemble.


I also picked up storage boxes from IKEA on sale for $1.99 each. The boxes are an ugly blue checkered - a few cans of spray paint later, most of them are now tan. I still have a few to go - but the 25 boxes I picked up would have cost $10 a piece had I have bought tan ones as opposed to the $2 ugly ones and spent $10 on paint.

The second room divider option is to go to Burlington Coat Factory (TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc) and find some clearance curtains that you like. I got these ones at the Taylor, MI Burlington Coat Factory - nice, thick, green (sage) suede - on sale for $9 each. The curtain rod was also $9. Now I can block off my computer desk and "junk" when guests are in the spare room - plus I have a ton more storage with my IKEA shelving units.

No comments:

Post a Comment